Parents can use the above link to view their child's current and past online marks pages for all subjects, as well as their current and past @KOOL report cards, using the same username and password that their child uses to log in to WebCT or Moodle.
As parents of elementary students in an online school, your role will be a little different than it would be for a bricks & mortar student. You’ll be working more closely with your child’s teacher as follows:
What is the Teacher's Role?
- Work with parents and students to deliver a program that will best meet the needs of the student
- Maintain regular contact with the family
- Assess and evaluate work through monitoring submitted work, and by making contact with the family by phone, fax, or e-mail.
What is the Parents' Role?
- Provide support! Be a companion in your child's learning
- Make a time commitment to the program
- Assist your child in planning a daily routine and help him or her stick to it.
- Provide a suitable work space, away from the distractions of television and video games.
- Monitor student’s progress
- Motivate students
- Keep in contact with the teacher
- Ensure that student work is submitted on a regular basis.